Hope Grows Here
A Campaign For Sustainability
Detailed Campaign PDF
Living Hope International is a non-profit ministry caring for high-risk orphaned children in the region of Ndola, Zambia. We have successfully built a financially sustainable faith-driven campus providing our children with a loving home-life, K-12 schooling, high-quality athletic and performing arts programs, vocational training, and an opportunity for a college education.
Hope Grows Here: A Campaign for Sustainability will raise $3,000,000. The campaign focuses on three priorities: Sustainability, Expanding Opportunities for Living Hope Children and Neighboring Communities, and Community Engagement. Construction of an on-site school, medical clinic, vocational training facility, church resource center, and chapel, will provide valuable resources for the children and the surrounding community for generations to come.
Living Hope grows coffee for a cause. Our 20-acre coffee farm is a catalyst for change both for the children and the larger community. Growing and harvesting coffee provides employment and leadership opportunities for Living Hope residents and neighboring villagers, empowering and strengthening their communities. Proceeds from coffee sales sustain coffee production and provide Living Hope with financial sustainability.
Our mission is to foster life, love, and leadership by creating Christ-following communities, breaking the cycle of poverty, and enabling our children to achieve their God-given potential.
Our vision is for at-risk children in impoverished nations to be transformed through Christ’s love into leaders who guide their communities and countries out of poverty, corruption, and injustice.
10% of the population
Children have lost their parents to HIV in Zambia
As of 2021
Lives HAVE BEEN impacted by Living hOPE International
Where We Are
& Where We’re Going
Living Hope Campus: Ndola, Zambia
- Campus moved swiftly to implement COVID-19 safety protocols. To date, the campus remains COVID-19 free, healthy children and staff.
- Launched HOPE GROWS HERE: A Campaign for Sustainability. In the midst of a global pandemic and economic challenges around the world, we decided to move forward with the campaign. You may ask why? The answer is that our God is not confined by the circumstances of this world. As missionary Hudson Taylor stated, “God’s work done in God’s way will never lack God’s supply.”
- Provided steady employment for thirty-nine employees. Laborers earn three times the average daily wage.
- 15:1 Employment Multiplier*
Each person employed on our campus supports 15 individuals. In total, employment on Living Hope’s campus positively impacts 585 community members.
Solar Power Initiative
- Phase 1 commenced, including installing nineteen lithium-ion batteries with inverters to provide reliable electricity for 10 hours daily. This provides much needed power for the children’s housing and coffee operations.
- Planning for Phase 2 implementation begins, allowing the Living Hope campus independence from the power grid when completed.
- 2020 yielded a record coffee crop! Due to proper pruning and composting, we experienced an 80% increase over 2019!
- Partnership with Biggby continues to flourish, and Biggby’s UBUMI Living Hope coffee is now available on Amazon.
Children & Education
- Six new children’s homes were completed. The campus can now accommodate up to 48 children (a 33% increase) and two additional house mothers. Planning has begun for an additional 8 homes.
- Four of our young ladies concluded high school and are pursuing continuing education.
- One college graduate! One of our young men graduated from International Accounting school and achieved his CPA license.10 of our children are currently pursuing a post-high school education; 7 in college, 3 in trade schools.
- The Annual Living Hope International Golf Outing in August was a fundraising success!
*The US government maintains a World Factbook that provides detailed information on every country in the world. In Zambia every person with a job supports an additional 15 people.